|Today's cookie: Hazelnut Snowballs|
* 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
* 2 cups confectioner's sugar, divided
* 2 t vanilla extract
* 1 c ground hazelnuts
* 3 cups flour
* 1 t cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease your cookie sheets or place parchment paper on each sheet.
2. Beat together butter and 1 cup of the confectioner's (powdered) sugar on high for 2 minutes using electric hand-held or standing mixer.
3. Add the vanilla and hazelnuts and mix well.
4. Add flour and beat together well.
5. Using your hands, form the dough into 1 1/2" balls and place one inch apart on cookie sheets. (If you'd like the colored sugar effect, roll the balls in the sugar now-before baking and do not follow instructions for sifting powdered sugar and cinnamon below.)
6. Bake about 8 minutes until firm, but browning only slightly.
7. While the cookies bake, sift together the remaining cup of confectioner's sugar and the cinnamon.
8. Remove the cookies from the oven and cool briefly before sifting the sugar mixture over them lightly. (You can use a fine, small strainer if you don't have a sifter.)
9. If you choose to chocolate drizzle, let the cookies cool completely before drizzlingthe chocolate with cookies on racks (with trays beneath) or on waxed paper. Let dry well for a few hours before storing in careful layers. Place waxed paper between each layer.
10. These cookies store well, tightly covered, for several weeks. I think they keep well because they contain no eggs. Truly, they're great for a long time. Even at altitude. You may also freeze them.
|Gettin' ready for the miracle!!|
|The wonderful accompanists!|
|Part of the group...with my flying arms.|
|More of us....telling about the Savior's Birth and loving it.|